Truck drivers work long, hard hours on the road. When an accident occurs, it can be difficult to deal with insurance companies and employers to get the compensation needed for damages. If you are a truck driver that was injured in an accident, you need to secure legal representation you can depend on. The Houston truck accident lawyer at de Lachica Law Firm, PLLC is prepared to hear your case.
When The Blame is Placed on the Truck Driver
As a trained professional, truck drivers undergo extensive training to become qualified for driving a big rig like a tractor-trailer or 18-wheeler. The job can be very challenging, requiring long hours of concentration on the road and an awareness of reaching a location in only a certain amount of hours. Even with all your training, you can’t stop an accident from occurring. Regardless of whether you have a perfect driving record, are a defensive driver, or follow every single federal safety regulation, you may still find yourself in an accident at some point in your career. Just driving hundreds of miles daily almost guarantees it.
When an accident occurs, the blame may unfairly be placed on your shoulders and you can soon find yourself at odds with your employer. In some cases, a truck or insurance company may try to deny fault and point the blame completely on the driver. And with a large team of lawyers on their side, this can often be detrimental for a diver.
For this reason, our Houston truck driver injury lawyer stands strong for injured drivers. We assist drivers claiming compensation for truck accidents caused by:
- Trucking company or employer negligence
- Poor truck maintenance caused by mechanics and truck providers
- Faulty truck components
- Negligent truck manufacturers
- Any other negligent party
We help the drivers and their families craft a strong and effective claims for compensation following an accident. Our skilled team gets to work investigating your truck accident and identifying potential parties that may have been at fault. Once we determine to who is really responsible for your accident, the de Lachica Law Firm will build a compelling claim to pursue compensation for your sake.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
If you do get into a truck accident, make sure to follow these steps:
- Make sure you seek medical attention, especially if you were injured
- Document the accident scene with photographs
- Make sure you write down what happened while it’s still fresh in your memory
- Exchange contact information and insurance information with the drivers involved
- Get any information you can from possible witnesses
- Never admit fault. And don’t apologize.
- Report the accident to your employer in a timely manner
- Speak to a truck accident lawyer about your case as soon as possible
Don’t let the blame be put on your shoulders. Talk with a Houston truck accident lawyer at de Lachica Law Firm today. With more than $1 million recovered for truck injury victims in just five years, we are ready and qualified to stand up for your right to compensation.
Don’t face your employer and the insurance company alone. Call de Lachica Law Firm, PLLC now for strong, aggressive representation.