Getting into a truck accident in Texas can be a life-changing experience. Your injuries could be severe enough that you’ll be out of work for weeks, even months. Without an income, your medical bills will start piling up and insurance will cover only so much. Not to mention any property damage you suffered. You’re going to need help in recovering compensation and you’re going to need a truck accident lawyer who’s ready to fight for you.
The Houston truck accident law firm de Lachica Law Firm, PLLC, has years of experience in fighting the trucking industry. Lead attorney Erica de LaChica understands that truck accident cases can be complicated since they involve many legal issues, such as causation, multiple parties, and insurance disputes. Truck carriers and insurance companies will do whatever they can to keep from being held responsible; that’s why you need a solid, experienced truck accident lawyer by your side.
Who is Responsible for Your Trucking Accident?
Each year in the United States, there are more than 400,000 accidents involving large trucks, including commercial box trucks and tractor-trailers. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were 3,903 people killed and estimated 111,000 people injured in crashes involving large trucks in 2014. In fact, 85 percent of the large trucks involved in fatal traffic crashes in 2014 involved heavy large trucks.
Many safety experts say that there are so many trucking accidents on the road these days because of current, unsafe hours-of-service regulations. These regulations are putting tired yet dangerous truck drivers on the road. Even though strides have been taken to make large commercial truck safer and to encourage safe driving, there is still a long way to go. Every day, fatal accidents are occurring throughout the United States, especially in Texas and around the Gulf Coast.
When figuring out who is responsible for your truck accident, the most important stage is investigating the crash. Our lawyers will compile all the evidence before it disappears that will demonstrate how the accident occurred and who is ultimately responsible for your injuries or the death of a loved one. We work hard to sift through all the information that can collect at the accident scene and from the vehicles involved, including combing through the truck’s logbooks, trucking company records, and downloading data from electronic onboard recorders.
In cases such as truck accidents, there could one or more parties to blame for your injuries:
- The truck driver for behaving negligently. Examples of this include driving too fast, failing to conduct a proper pre-trip inspection, making illegal or unsafe turns, failing to brake, driving while drowsy or under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, distracted driving, leaving loads unsecured, among other reasons.
- The trucking company for failing to protect other people on the road from negligent drivers. Such examples include encouraging drivers to drive recklessly, hiring drivers without proper background checks, failing to inspect and maintain their fleet, and not adopting a safety plan.
- The truck manufacturer may be held responsible if there was a defect in the truck, such as tires, brakes, gears, and lights.
How de Lachica Law Firm Can Help You
There are several causes for a trucking accident in Texas. Here are a few of the different issues that our Houston law firm can assist you with:
- Employer negligence
- Injuries to motorists and their passengers
- Injuries to truck drivers
- Jackknifing truck accidents
- Failure to inspect and meet highway safety standards
- Truck insurance issues
- Underride accidents
- Investigations into trucking accidents
- Statistics involving truck crashes
- And other causes of truck accidents
Our firm takes an aggressive approach to every case it handles. Not only will our lawyers investigate and develop a case before it heads to trial, but we can also give you a strong position when heading to the negotiating table. Our truck accident attorney will be prepared at a moment’s notice to head to the courtroom and advocate on behalf of her clients.
Contact Our Houston Truck Accident Lawyer Now!
If you wait any longer to pursue legal action, you may lose any rights to recover any damages. Evidence disappears quickly and memories fade – that’s why it’s best to act as quickly as possible. If you have suffered a serious injury, you should consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer who has the experience to properly investigate and handle your truck accident claim.
Houston truck accident law firm de Lachica Law Firm, PLLC has the experience you need for your case and will not rest until you get the compensation that you deserve. If you live anywhere in Texas and need the help of an experienced truck accident lawyer, schedule a consultation today.